WSJ has the transcript here.
Michelle Malkin here.
Hot Air has commentary and an open thread.
Flopping Aces has Obingo!
Jim Treacher has a different take on the speech.
Bobby Jindal response here.
If you didn’t watch or hear the speech, here’s a summary:
College Education- Right
Home Ownership – Right
Healthcare – Right
Well-paying Job- Right
Actually Working – Optional
More summary/satire/sweet release:
– Wall Street executives are evil
– Small business people are not evil
– Private jets are bad, except for, um, ehem, the President
– I have followed through on my tax cut to everyone. Please enjoy your monthly government-provided car wash, dinner at Olive Garden, or Vonage phone plan.
– Government’s role is to save you. Things don’t take care of themselves (free market). Even though the market is the people, you don’t know what you are doing.
– We will cut the huge deficits in half right after we pass the largest spending package in the history of humankind.
– The government will give you “free” healthcare. We will cure cancer. Healthcare reform will happen now. This is your right.
– College education is now a right.
– National or community service (working for a liberal front group) will be generously rewarded with college tuition discounts.
– Recovery plan is free of earmarks. I guess a lie becomes true if you keep repeating it. Who said that- Vladimir Lenin.
– You will receive a tax cut if you don’t make a lot of money. Have your cake and eat it too!